Without a doubt, exercising is one of the most important activities everyone should engage in. This is because it keeps the body fresh, strong, healthy and young. There are various exercises geared towards each part of the body. For those interested in exercises that enhance the arms, below are some of them :
Arm circle is a non-weighted exercise that targets the shoulders. It involves extending the arms to the sides and drawing small circles in the air with the hands.
Arm circle warms the shoulder joint, as well as increases circulation to the arms, fingers and shoulders.
How to do arm circles
1. Stand with the feet shoulder-width apart. Extend both arms out straight to the side to form a T with the body
2. Slowly rotate the shoulders and arms to make forward circles about one (1) foot in diameter
3. Continue for fifteen (15) circles then reverse directions and complete fifteen (15) rotations in the opposite direction
4. Do three (3) sets total.
Push ups are one of the most versatile and effective exercises. They are beneficial for building upper body strength. They train the muscles to work together and become stronger. Push ups help create balance and stability.
Tips to doing push-ups
A push-up seems to be real hard, but it does not have to be. With a little practice, one can be swift in no time. These are steps to follow;
• get down on all fours, placing the hands slightly wider than the shoulders
• Straighten the arms and legs
• Lower the body until the chest nearly touches the floor
• Pause, then push yourself back up
• Repeat all over
The dumbbell row is an upper body back exercise that increases overall strength and muscle mass of the back muscles. It increases arm strength and improves pulling performance.
Tips to doing dumbbell row
1. With a dumbbell in each hand, bend over about a forty-five (45) degree angle. Keep the back straight throughout the exercise
2. Lift the weights straight up, exhaling. While lifting, the arms should go no higher parallel with the shoulders. Keep the wrist from excessive extra movement down or to the side
3. Lower the weights in a controlled manner while inhaling
4. Remain bent over until all repetitions are complete
Kickboxing is a form of marital art that involves punching, kicking and footwork.
It reduces stress, burn calories and boost energy. Kick boxing punches also help tone and strengthen the arms and upper back.
How to do kickboxing punches
• begin your stance with the feet hip-width apart
• Bring the right arm up in a forty-five (45) degrees angle with a fist just below the jawline
• Extend the arm across the body as you punch your fist at an imaginary target in front of you. Put force behind the punch but do not over extend the shoulder muscles
• Throw fifteen (15) hard punches with one arm before switching to the other arm
• Complete four (4) sets on both sides.
Indeed, exercises are extremely important. The above exercises can help with getting arms into shape. Most of them can be done at home. However, sometimes it may be difficult since they require time and discipline. Never hesitate to sign up with a gym if you are bent on enhancing your arm muscles.