Update on Fire Outbreak at The Korle Bu Teaching Hospital

Mustapha Salifu , Head of PR for Korle Bu Teaching Hospital , in a statement, explained what actually went on at the Teaching Hospital.

According to him, a staff at duty detected that an air-conditioner switch in one of the restroom of the doctors started emitting smoke around 9pm yesterday.

“The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service(GNFS).”

“As a precautionary measure, some of the babies were moved to another wing of the same floor.”

“We wish to state no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury. Normal operations have resumed after assessment by the Ghana National Fire Service indicated that, there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff.”

“We wish to commend the staff on duty for their alertness and professionalism”.He Concluded.

0

Leave a Reply

RSS
Follow by Email
YouTube
YouTube
LinkedIn
LinkedIn
Share
Instagram
Telegram
Open chat
Need Help?
Hello
Can We Help You?